Job title: Product Manager – Monetization
We are looking for a product manager to help us grow our customer base through our premium SaaS products. TruWeather is a start-up company with the goal of establishing one of the largest paid customer bases in weather SaaS. In this role, you’ll strive to significantly built the TruWeather paid customer base and as a result shape the growth of the company and an entire industry by ensuring TruWeather is “the weather company of choice.”
This product manager will run the Monetization team, with the initial responsibility for making TruWeather’s premium products dramatically easier and more compelling to purchase. You will own the check out and payment experience, overseeing sales globally. You will deliver a best-in-class experience with close collaboration with cross-functional technical, business, and external teams.
You should be a hands-on and technically savvy Product Manager who is constantly identifying user problems and thinking critically about which to prioritize. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You can effectively navigate complex systems. Quickly understand the weather business and the variety, sources and types of weather data that fuel TruWeather’s unique SaaS product offerings. You must be able to communicate product requirements to both weather and non-technical teams. You are a self-starter, and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once and you do not miss deadlines.
TruWeather has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
Responsibilities and duties:
· You will work closely with the CEO to develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap to develop a best in class purchase experience for TruWeather’s paid features in concert with cross-functional peers.
· You will become an authority on your product area. You will identify customer needs and business opportunities through a combination of research, feedback collection from cross-functional teammates and competitive data analysis.
· You will define, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics.
· You will own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
· You will drive execution against our plan in collaboration with Weather and Design peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs and risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
· You will partner closely with leaders across product, weather, finance, and operations, as well as external partners and customers.
· You will execute at a fast pace with a focus on delivering impact to customers
Minimum experience and skills requirements:
· Passion about TruWeather and the problem we are solving.
· At least 3+ years of experience leading major product or growth initiatives of SaaS products. You can take rough themes and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research with minimal guidance.
· Impact focus and a consistent history of delivering measurable results for both users and the business.
· Technical experience so that you can weigh tradeoffs and have in depth discussions with engineers on the nuances of complex weather systems.
· Data-minded whenever possible. You deeply understand how your products work and how to measure long-term impact. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
· Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which.
· Impeccable follow-through. You say what you will do and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You do not let details slip.
· Product taste and craft. You will own important product interactions with every TruWeather customer and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
· You listen well. You build consensus by default but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
· You are comfortable discussing technical tradeoffs with weather professionals.
· Written communication that is clear and effective.
It is highly desirable for this successful, results-oriented candidate to relocate to Syracuse N.Y. An All-Star candidate with a proven history of leading remote teams successfully will be considered for remote work, but is expected to attend meetings as required in our Syracuse, New York location.
TruWeather is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
***All applicants MUST include their salary requirements***